Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 2009












Hi guys - well its about time I hear you all saying, dissapeared from Facebook and pretty terrible at keeping in touch! Sorry we have been really busy since arriving in NZ nearly a year ago. We have renovated and moved into the house that we bought many years ago.....(it would have been easier, cheaper and less stressful to build one from scratch i think), we have bought and are running a business (Brent is doing all the hard work and I'm doing the bookwork) Josh has doubled in size and has turned into a propper little boy. We have met some really lovely people and Josh and I have made great friends - you can see some of them in our pictures.

We enjoyed our first Christmas is the summer - wierd but enjoyable. Mum and Eddie came out and spent Christmas with us, we had a great time. Eddie played Father Christmas at three different parties the kids (and the mums) loved him! Good Job Ed!!


While you guys in the UK have been (and continue) to freeze hehehe we have been enjoying a great summer temperatures up to 38* some days. Don't worry when its your summer we will be cold and remember we don't have any central heating!

It has been the summer holidays and so all the kids have been off school/kindy etc - we have been doing sme very exciting stuff with our friends, we've been to the beach, to the zoo, to willowbank, on the trams and the gondola, on the steam boat in Lyttleton harbour, over to Quail Island and Diamond harbour and up to Spencer Park. We try to fill our days as much as possible. Josh is very keen to keep on the go, he is very energetic, has dropped his afternoon sleep (unless its in the car) and talks constantly.
We are now in the process of sorting out the garden - having just purchased a new spa pool, we are looking at decking around it, putting in raised beds and relaying the paving at the back of the house. When you all come out to visit you will be able to relax after a hard days sight seeing. The veggie patch is coming on well, we have been enjoying home grown veggies all summer and have just put in our winter crops. I've become quite green fingered! What with that and cutting our own firewood (our only source of heating) I feel a bit like a country bumpkin.
Any hoo enough for this post I will aim to post messages more often and i hope that you enjoy reading them.
Love Lou, Brent and Josh xxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures - especially of chocolate chops!
    What a very cool dude indeed!
    Have bookmarked your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well aren't you the big boy. we received your postcard today, from Lyttleton. Granddad and I are so pleased you had a good time. Mummy says you spoke to the lady captain too, how lovely for you both. We have had a lot of snow here, the cat played in it for a little while but it has all gone now, I think we'll be getting some more on Friday when we drive to Halifax.
    We will be seeing Georgia, Alex, Uncle Jon and Auntie Cariliune on Thursday and will say hello for you. We are hoping that mum will sort out your web cam soon so that we can phone you, and see you too. Won't that be great.
    I got your hug and kiss through the telephone last night and I passed it on to Granddad as soon as he came home from work, he was really cald and he said that it warmed him up beautifully.
    We hope thatyou will send us lots of postcards as we are going to start a scrap book of all the things that you, mummy and daddy do on you big NZ adventure.
    Well my darling nanny has to go now. I have to go to the post office to get a box to send mummmy and daddy's birthday presents over. When it arrives there might be something in there for you too.
    Bye bye Josh, all our love to you all from nanny and granddadxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joshua, how are you and what have you been up to lately? Grandad and I are fine, we had Georgia and Alex to stay on Friday and had a smashing time, we went out to tea and then came home and played games. Mummy says you have a new swing to play with, aren't you a lucky boy. Are you going to help mum and dad to pick the pears on your tree soon or are you just going to eat them? Bet they'll be tasty. Well my darling I will speak to you again soon, bye for now, love nannyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now Joshy, and what car is that you are driving? Taking after daddy and granddad? Did you make your own car, by yourself (or did mummy help)? Granddad wants to have a go in your car, do you think you could let him have a go when we come over next year? Mind you it might be a bit small for granddad, I think you had better make one with him, what do you think? Better make a big one then you can both get in. Did mummy have a go? What about daddy? Granddad and I think you are a really big boy and we love you very much and can't wait to see more of your big boy photos. Lots of love and kisses from nanny and granddadxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you look like you have your hands full. The blog is brilliant. Nice One.

    Neil & Liz

    ReplyDelete